Every year we need volunteers to help our Christmas basket distribution. Please join us! Contact Hayley at firstname.lastname@example.org
The packing will be in the area of the Don Valley Parkway and Lawrence Ave E. The exact location will be shared with you when your participation is confirmed.
Participants must be 16 years of age or older at time of volunteering due to safety requirements. We're sorry that we are not able to accommodate children.
Typical tasks include:
- Unload and loading goods from trucks to shelves
- Sweeping, wiping, general cleaning
- Sorting goods for storage
- Moving goods from storage area to working area
- Sorting and counting goods to place into baskets
- Labelling completed baskets
The working area can get cold if/when the loading doors are left open. Please dress in layers and consider bringing a hat and gloves.
The working area is a warehouse; please dress appropriately (i.e. clothes that can get dusty and dirty). Wear steel-toed shoes/boots if you have your own.
Washroom is available on-site, but there is no use of kitchen facilities.